Joshua 24:15

...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Half-Pint is growing up!


When the girls got home from school today, the first thing on the agenda was to clean their rooms. They went straight to work (thank you Lord for no arguments!) and made me so proud. Isn't wasn't very long before Kaylen came to me and said, "Mommy, I don't want you and Daddy to tuck me in bed anymore. I just wanna do it myself from now on."

Ok, so I've known this day would eventually come but I was prepared for it when she was 11, or 12. I could handle the thought of it when she was knocking on the door of her teen years, but at 8? Inside, my whole body was taking a deep, gasping breathe, and I wanted to say, (in my sappy over exaggerated mommy voice) "I don't think so. You're my BAAAABBBBBYY!!!!" However, I stood calmly, and simply said, "Okay." I waited a moment and added, "We can try that."

I'll be all too ready to jump back into tucking her in. You know, if she decides she's not so ready for it after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment