Joshua 24:15

...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Homemade Detergent Project





I've been reading about a new trend of making your own laundry detergent at home, and finally felt brave enough to attempt it. The girls where just as excited about trying it as I was. They went to the store with me to pick up the products, and where a huge help in prepping everything. They are at such a fun age because they are interested in learning about everything. I just need to work on my patience in teaching them.

I am happy to announce that the product was a success, and I am really happy with how well it cleans. To buy all the products it cost about $7.50. I found all the items at my local Walmart. However, the products don't make just one batch. To date, I have made 6 gallons of detergent and still have a huge supply left. I haven't gotten technical enough to break everything down, but I'm guessing I could easily make 50 more gallons before having to buy more. The website I gathered my info from did break things down a little more than myself and determined that it cost less than .01 cent per load of laundry. Now that's what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment